And Aubrey Was Her Name...

Like a lovely melody that everyone can sing; take away the words that rhyme, it doesn't mean a thing.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wisdom if You're Sick

Hey all,
I love being a teacher. Today I've been reviewing our past units for an upcoming speaking test. One of my review questions in class is, "What should I do when I am sick?" It's so they can practice giving advice with saying "you should..."
Most students gave typical answers. "You should see a doctor." "You should go to the hospital." "You should take some medicine." But one student (one of my favorites; he's just so cute and sincere) looks up and goes, "You should drink some wine."
"Some wine?" I inquired, suppressing my laughter.
"Yes," he says, straight-faced. "Or champagne." Straight face. Eyes wide. Expectant of affirmation.
How could I argue? So just remember the next time you're sick the sage wisdom of a Dong-a Middle School student. Drink some wine. Or champagne.
Have a great day,
Aubrey

By the way, I forgot to mention this earlier. His advice was very cung. If you're confused in any way as to the meaning of this word, please talk with my friend Rob.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan, Tracy, Gracelyn & Olivia said...

Hey Aubs, This kid sounds like someone I should know. Cute as ever. Hope schools going as well as hoped. Loves to you, Tracy and Baby Hos

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home