And Aubrey Was Her Name...

Like a lovely melody that everyone can sing; take away the words that rhyme, it doesn't mean a thing.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Please Pass the Kimchi

I have decided that I am irrefutably a masochist. I love to hate myself, apparently. I'm on day 2 of the fast and have been utterly faithful. But I decided that, in the process of not eating, why not make it a little bit harder on myself? So last night I went out to dinner with some friends. I got to watch them eat some really delicious looking and smelling Chinese food while they urged me to have "just a little" the whole time. But I stoically refused. Then I went home and talked to Liz, my co-faster, and we both wondered whether we should just end it. We wavered, but resolved to remain firm; I did this while staring at chocolate. I just need to say that I'm so freaking amazing.

And now, to distract me from lunch, I'm writing you to complain about my idiocy. To remind myself why I was doing this, I re-read the information Jess once printed out about fasting. Here are some of the results they promised:
  • A new vibrancy to the skin. It will "glow." Nope. No glowing yet. I was sweating trying to make it up the immense hill to school, made doubly arduous by the lack of nutrients; does that count?
  • Increased energy. Ha. They must have slipped that one in as a joke.
  • A clarity of mind. True, actually. My mind is very clear. It is focusing only on food.
  • Releases pesticides, drugs, and other chemicals from stored fat, which can then be eliminated. I see that and I read: lose weight. In actuality, I think it's going the opposite way! How can that be?!
  • Creates a spiritual high. That's called hallucinations.

But I've given up a day already and so I'm determined to finish. True, I'm doing a lot of whining in the process, but no matter. In a few more days, I'll be a vibrant, energetic, mentally clear, chemical-free, spiritual guru. Asah.

Aub

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

increased energy?! that MUST be a joke. it's taking everything i have just to keep my eyes open.

but... we have approximately 30 hours before we can cave in to our ever-increasing food temptations. and i'm planning on sleeping for a good 10 of those hours. it's totally possible.

we're such warriors.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Resist the Evil Kimchi!! Resist, I say!!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home