And Aubrey Was Her Name...

Like a lovely melody that everyone can sing; take away the words that rhyme, it doesn't mean a thing.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Continuing Adventures of a Super Teacher

I just finished impressing upon my class the importance of using full sentences when they speak. A one word answer, I explained, is unacceptable. "When I ask, 'What is the most popular spare time activity?' do not say 'computers.' It is, 'Computers are the most popular spare time activity.'" Too many students, however, only superficially understand what is being asked and cannot provide adequate responses.

Well, this class seemed to understand the instructions and so we plowed into the activity in which partners had to ask each other a series of questions from the book, all pertaining to "the most" of a certain subject.

A boy and girl at the front of the class began and I overheard the conversation.

"What is the most interesting subject?" she queried, reading from the book.

"Killing you," he replied immediately.

Without a second's pause, she reprimanded, "You need a full sentence!" I love that this was her immediate reaction; it made me so proud, I could've cried. I'm such a Super Teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home